ECEM manufactures drum mixers to suit most trucks sold in the African market. It is recommended that the engine has a Power Take Off (PTO) drive to power the hydraulic motor that drives the gearbox to turn the drum itself. In the instance where a PTO is not available Donkey motors are employed to drive the hydraulics
Our standard sizes for trucks are the 6m³ and the 8m³ drums, while 9m³ can be made for drums exported outside South Africa.
ECEM manufactures concrete mixers, featuring the following:
- ECEM, Liebherr, TFM, TATA compatible drums
- ECEM design, suitable for all truck chassis
- Innovations on the drums that reduce mixing times
- Performance enhancing innovations on the track rings (solid, seamless, machined track rings)
- Easy access to greasing points
- Easy access to water filling line
- Adjustable and detachable V-chute
- Safe and easy on-site drum roller replacing – (no crane required)
- Gravity fed overhead hydraulic oil cooler
- ZF/PMP Transmission
- Domex sub-frames
- Echar Construction Equipment Manufacturers cc – Body Building & Manufacturer NATIS No. 9033610230022
- Capacity of drum 6 or 8mᵌ, 5mm 300WA plate for outer shell of the drum & dome 6mm 300WA.
- Track ring – forged solid seamless machined, hardened, tempered, quenched and tapered Mat. EN19 (Certificate available on request).
- 4mm Domex blades c/w 25x10mm flat bar for blade capping ¾ of the drum from dish-end to discharge of the drum and balance of the capping 16mm round bar.
- Gearbox mounting flange twenty four holes takes M16X60 Grade 10.9 bolts.
- Drum two inspection covers.
- Sub-frame and side mounting plates 6mm domex plate.
- M20 high tensile u-bolts to hold down the front and rear pedestal.
- Under run bumper as per SABS.
- Chevron & number plate as per SABS.
- Plastic water proof LED light holders, l.h.s. two-hole box both sides and reverse light separate
- Adjustable, removable light weight plastic mudguards c/w brackets.
- Rubber mud flaps SABS not fixed to the mud flap.
- 210 Litre aluminium water tank fitted in front of rear pedestal c/w x2 pressure relieve valves and additional valve to release air in tank before filling with water and also pressure test certificate.
- Adjustable & removable V – chute c/w liner plate.
- Swivel & removable feed hopper c/w liner plate.
- Swivel discharge chute c/w domex folding chute & domex liner in main chute.
- X2 Domex extension chutes & ext. chutes storage brackets.
- Locking & removable swivel arm for discharge chute & adjustable & removable heavy duty screw jack.
- Adjustable & removable drum safety strap.
- 250 diameter drum rollers for 8mᵌ concrete mixer drum.
- Adjustable & removable drum roller brackets, easy access to grease.
- Heavy duty manual operated drum control direction handle & cable c/w rose eye at the hydraulic pump.
- Electric speed control box
- Air regulator & control switch for the water tank.
- ¾ inch green line water hose c/w ¾ inch ball valve & brass fitting at the end of the hose.
- Easy access water filling point for water tank.
- PMP transmission – 2 year warranty or ZF transmission-drive c/w 12 month warranty.
- PMH 90CC hydraulic motor c/w 2 year warranty.
- PMH 90CC hydraulic pump c/w 2 year warranty.
- Over head hydraulic oil cooler c/w suction filter, breather & ext pipe.
- Oil, normal hydraulic & gear oil.
- Fitted with prop-shaft guard.
- 23T coupling fitted at the hydraulic pump for the PTO.
- All chassis mounting bolts are M16 flanged bolts & nuts Grade 10.9
- Complete mixer unit primer & final paint white 2K paint.
- Fitted with SABS reflective tape.
- Fitted with rectangular orange reflectors eg. Mudguards & pump mounting bracket.
- Water meter
Additional safety device (painted signal red)
- Guards on Top of V-Chute L.H and R.H side (bolted)
- Guards on roller brackets L.H and R.H side (bolted)
- Safety device – Folding chute
- Safety pins (to hold drum in position when replacing drum rollers on site)
Safety gate top of access ladder